Tuesday, June 26, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Seeing stars

Hello, hello, hello! It's been a while since I tended to this little space. But I just had nothing to blog about, I only did a little sewing. Summer has totally taken over. We are strawberry picking, playing with the water hose in the garden, planting new plants in the garden,  having a lot of friends over or visiting lots of friends, cheering on the German soccer team in the Euro Cup...
... in short, just having a jolly good time.

But over the last week, I did get a bit of sewing done, yay! I actually managed to clean up my sewing room and while doing so I took the time to sort out my WIPs. My Salt Air quilt was the one who screamed the loudest to be worked on.


I love how this comes together! It's so summerish to me, so it fits perfectly right now! I'm using two charm packs of Cosmo Cricket's Salt Air. The biggest stars are made with half square triangles from 5 inch squares, the rest are all smaller, down to HSTs from 2 inch squares.

I have all the HST cut, now I just need to finish them...


I already know that this quilt will be bound in red, even if I'm far from that step. But I can't wait for this one to be on my couch!



I'm linking up with Lee from freshly pieced for WIP Wednesday. She has some great bloggers lined up to guest host, so hop on over to check it out!


12 comments:

  1. so true, a red bidning will look great on the stars ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking shape beautifully and a red binding will look stunning! Enjoy the summer, brrrr its freezing here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! What a fantastic idea. It will look beautiful bound in red!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly love the blue background of your Salt Air quilt and red is going to be a perfect binding choice. Enjoy!

    Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. there is no other binding that would work as well as red!! I love this quilt....you know where I am if you get sick of looking at it.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these stars. Can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fresh blue background, does it have a name?
    Sounds like a nice Summer over there....
    Like your sewing space, thread on the wall, and a window....

    ReplyDelete
  8. these stars are beautiful. i love the salt air fabric. that was the fabric i used in latest quilt finish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the stars. So fun with that great blue background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the stars and love the background color! Where is the pattern available for this quilt?

    ReplyDelete