Monday, June 4, 2012

Feeling a bit stupid

What's the point of sewing clothes? Apart from having a unique garment? Well, in my opinion, it's certainly also that you have something that fits perfectly because it's tailored for your body, right?

So I guess you can imagine why I feel a bit stupid because of my new dress. I love it. It turned out great. I even managed to put in that darn zipper. I had saved this fabric for a while. IT DOES NOT FIT!! It's too small!!! And in case you are now wondering about that thumping noise, yes, that's me, banging my head against the wall.


I'm not really sure how this did happen, I choose the right size based on my measurements. The funny thing is, I already had a bad feeling while I was sewing that something is not quite right. The pattern is the Passport dress by Lisette (Simplicity 0448), and the fabric I bought at Joann's two years ago. The pattern was super clear to follow and it really did not take that long to make the dress. And now I only have to drop about 10 lbs. to be actually able to wear it. Okay, maybe it's not that bad, I can actually close the zipper, it's just a bit too snug to feel comfortable in it...



Since it's still a nice dress in my opinion, I'm linking up with Sew Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations...



3 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful dress! Do you have any leeway to let it out a bit or would that involve a complete remake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not actually made myself any clothes since I was pregnant with my kids...25 years ago. And then it was loose fitting jumpers...easy to fit. Discouraging certainly! Looks great nice job!

    ReplyDelete