Monday, June 11, 2012

10 little things for Dominik

It's amazing in how little time one can actually finish a quilt when not distracted by starting a new project, sewing clothes, gazing at and sorting fabric,...
In other words: I finished a quilt! Such a nice start into the week!


This one is for my friend Priska who just had her third child, a little boy, three weeks ago. She was one of the first people I met when we moved here last summer, and we've become friends really fast. I'm thankful for this friendship since it has made settling in much easier for me. When she told me she's having another baby, my first thought was "I'm going to make the baby a quilt!"

The fabric is 10 little things by Jenn Ski.  I love her kind of retro artwork, and I was excited when she came out with this line for Moda that's just great for boys. I paired it with Kona white.


For the binding, I used Kona cardinal. I had asked which color to use in my last post, either Kona cardinal, tangerine or lemon, and most of the kind people who left a comment actually voted for the red. But I was really torn between cardinal and tangerine, and in the end I just left it up to my friend and she chose the red one. And it looks nice like that, no?


 The back is pieced together from some leftover squares, a dark blue shirting fabric and Kona medium gray. And of course I had to add a little D for its owner!

I'm linking up with Megan from Canoe Ridge Creations for sew modern monday and Jenna from SewHappy Geek for Manic Monday!


Sew Happy Geek

11 comments:

  1. this is beautiful...i have not tried zig zag before but it always looks so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! I especially love the pieced back. And the cardinal is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! and I love the back too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice personal touch with the initial. The first thought that pops into my head is exactly that too - oh good a baby quilt, or a wedding quilt, retirement quilt... any excuse to share the craft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty quilt! I just love the fabrics!
    And the back is wonderful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilt, front and back, it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!
    Here's the quilt I'm finishing that I used 10 Little Things for... http://wannabequilter.com/2012/06/12/subject-change/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great quilt, nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty quilt!! I know she loved it! I love zig zags, they're just so versatile - well done!

    ReplyDelete