Tuesday, May 1, 2012

WIP Wednesday: To sash or not to sash?

Happy WIP Wednesday everyone! We had a holiday yesterday, so I kind of feel like Monday today. But in a good way, like 'fresh start of the week' way. It's 8 am now, the kids are already off to pre-school, so I'm looking forward to a lot of sewing this morning.
But let's take a look back first, shall we? I did not do so much quilt related sewing last week, I mainly concentrated on clothes for my boys. I did manage to make a few more blocks for my Little Folks string quilt though. I am still so, so excited about this one. The voile is so soft, I can't wait to snuggle under that quilt.


The blocks are 11 inch squares, and I'm paper piecing them. I think this really helps with sewing the voile, since the fabric is a little bit slippery.

I also started another baby quilt. This one is for one of the teachers at my son's pre-school. She just had a baby boy and I was asked to make a quilt for her and the baby. I could not say no to that, could I? I had this dinosaur fabric in my stash that I thought would be good. So I fussy cut the dinosaurs, paired them with some Kona Cotton and a few more small prints from my stash and set to work.



But now I have a question: I was planning on putting some white sashing in between the blocks. But I also like the close together without the sashing. What do you think? To sash or not to sash?

Linking up with Lee from freshly pieced!



15 comments:

  1. Oh love the fussy cut dinosaurs! That's so cute. I actually like the layout without the sashing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your voile quilt- I love that fabric too and I am sure this quilt will be the ultimate luxury once it is all done. I vote not to sash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun quilt the fussy cut dinosaurs will be! I'm with the other two- no sashing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, I think I'd vote no sashing :) I think your little boy quilt looks super sweet so far, and your voile quilt is going to be so soft! Such pretty projects this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fussy cut dinosaurs, its going to make a gorgeous baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dinosaurs are really cute and I vote no sashing too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute baby quilt! I'd vote FOR sashing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those dinosaurs are just adorable! I think i'd audition it both ways and see which you prefer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I'm voting for sashing--and the blocks are adorable! But Jessica is right--audition and see what the quilt "tells" you. Your string quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness- those dinosaurs are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it looks great the way it is...no white!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the simple desing of the dinosaurs blocks, I say no sashing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Der obere Quilt wird ja super. Ganz toll.
    Liebe Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete
  14. The baby quilt does look pretty bold and modern without the sashing, but I don't think it would be wrong with sashing, either. It's gonna be great either way. :)

    ReplyDelete