Wednesday, May 23, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Garment week

After missing out last week (nothing sewn at all, no mojo, nada, rien), I've been back in front of my machine. I did not sew anything even remotely quilting related though. Instead, I managed to finish three pieces of clothing.

Since my niece did not get a dress because I had to make myself a Tova tunic instead, I had to make her something else. So I whipped up this little raglan shirt for her. The pattern is the same I used for my son's (pattern #25 from OTTOBRE 4/2011), so it came together really quickly - this morning, to be precise.


The fabric is a jersey knit that I had picked up at Joann's ages ago, along with the hot pink rib knit for the collar and cuffs.

Here's a closer look at the fabric:


I like that this is very girly but not actually pink all over. I'm not a very pink person... But I think that the lady bugs and flowers will be a hit with my niece.

I also made a dress for myself, the Passport dress from Lisette, that turned out beautifully but does not fit. Kind of sad, to not be able to tailor yourself a dress that fits, no? Well, it deserves it's own post, so more on that at the end of the week.

I hope to get back into the quilting saddle now. If only all the fabric I ordered from the Fat Quarter Shop three weeks ago would finally arrive!

Oh well, while I wait for the mailman, I'll check out all the other fantastic stuff over at freshly pieced!


No comments:

Post a Comment