Wednesday, May 9, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Dinosaur week

Happy WIP Wednesday everyone! This week just flew by, and I spent the majority of it in bed or flat on the floor. Turns out, it's not such a good idea to pick up your child while running! The little rascal was trying to make his escape, I ran after him, picked him up and felt a stabbing pain in my lower back. That was Wednesday last week. I even managed to sit him in his seat on the bike, cycle home and cook lunch. When he wanted to be carried up the stairs, I realized I could not stand up straight again. Thankfully, after a trip to the doctor, some muscle relaxing pills and lots of rest, I felt almost back to normal by Sunday.
So of course sewing was almost out of question this past week. Well, almost. I managed to finish my dinosaur quilt top.


After the majority of commenters last week voted no sashing, I decided to go with that option. It's pretty bold now, I guess the baby will have lots of stimulation on that blanket!
However, I haven't given up on the sashing option yet. And since I have a lot of dinosaurs left, I decided to make another quilt with sashing. But for now, this one is ready to be basted. I pieced the back yesterday and hope to get this done by the end of the week.

I think this little guy might be my favourite:


or maybe this one:


Thank you everyone who was kind enough to leave a comment last week and offer his opinion. I really appreciated it. I guess that's one of the reasons why I think WIP Wednesday is such a great idea, to get help from other amazing quilters out there!

Thanks to Lee for hosting us every week!


7 comments:

  1. Your poor back!! Love the dinsoaur quilt, its so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that dinosaur quilt is just darling, good work- and glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely I Spy quilt this is: love the beasties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you continue to feel better! Your dinosaurs are precious--I especially like the one with orange, green, and black polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh--I'm so sorry about your back, but I'm hoping that since you are young and agile, you'll heal quickly. I agree with you on the dinosaur block that's your fav--I like that one too!
    And I do like the no sashing look. I'll be back to see what the sashed one looks like!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too enjoy hooking up into all this creativity! You quilt is precious! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was in a car accident when I was in my twenties and know how frustrating it can be to not be able to move and do what you want to. Hopefully you be moving freely and back to catching small children without any issue soon.

    I love how the dinosaur quilt turned out. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete