Monday, May 21, 2012

Tova # 3, the fun one

What happens when you buy fabric to sew a dress for your 2-year old niece, but then you like that fabric so much that you want to make something for yourself out of it? Another Tova tunic, of course!


I really, really tried, but I just could not resist. To me, that fabric just screams "good mood" and "summer".  It's actually made of two complimenting fabrics. Since I had only a yard each, I had to get a little creative. The back, the insert and the collar are made in the smaller scale print, the front and the sleeves are made with the tree print.


I am a lover of velvet ribbon, and luckily, that works out well for this blouse.



So go ahead, laugh at me and feel free to call this the "Toddler Tova". I'll be making some daisy chains in the meantime...

1 comment:

  1. Love it! It doesn't scream toddler to me, it's just very happy!

    ReplyDelete