Friday, May 18, 2012

Invasion of the dinosaurs

Who says they are extinct? I say they are alive and kicking, at least on this baby quilt.


It's pretty bold, I guess the baby playing on this quilt will have no problem with visual stimulation...
I really liked the dinosaur fabric when I first saw it, but it's a bit overwhelming. So I fussy cut the dinos, paired them with Kona Cotton and some small scale prints. And voila, this came out. I constructed the blocks like courthouse step blocks. Super fast if you chain piece.

For the back, I used the leftover dino fabric and paired it with some Kona turquoise.


I bound it in striped fabric I got ages ago at Joann's. It was a perfect fit since it has nearly all the colors that I used on the front:


This will be my entry for Blogger's Quilt Festival over on Amy's Creative Side.

Amy's Creative Side
 
It's not really what I had planned. I was hoping to finish my Little Folks String quilt in time, but at some point last week I realized that I can either rush through the whole thing, possibly screw it up in the process or enter a different quilt. And this little beauty is not such a bad alternative, is it?


25 comments:

  1. Hallo Kerstin,
    der ist wirklich schön geworden!! Schön die Kombi mit den Solids und das Quilting passt auch gut dazu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vibrant colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a bad alternative at all! My son would go nuts for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next round for the other one;)

    I love the dnos..and that striped binding is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice! I'm working on a square in square right now too, but I went way overboard on the quilting and it won't be done in time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! The back is lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute and well done. This is one lucky baby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This quilt is awesome. I have a boy and cool boy quilts make me giddy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun quilt!

    Margaret
    http://quiltsoflove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fun quilt!! What is the dino fabric? I don't recognise it...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bright happy colours and cute dinosaurs! I think this quilt is perfect for the Bloggers' Quilt Festival.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a bright fun quilt. Those dinos are impressive...nice how you set them off! Thanks for sharing and have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  13. Toller Quilt - und das Binding ist wirklich der perfekte Abschluß!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I made a baby quilt with that exact fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My son would love this quilt - he is obsessed with dinosaurs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a bright, happy quilt - it is bound to be much loved!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So colorful and fun! Perfect for any fan of dinos. Smiles~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  18. This quilt is so cute...front and back! Love the dinos!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm glad you entered this quilt. It is perfect for a baby with all the bright colors. Really makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is a very cute quilt and I'm glad you entered it. You did a good job on colors. I love almost any kind of striped fabric for bindings. They really set it off.

    ReplyDelete