Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Fresh Sewing Day

Sometimes, I think I live behind the moon. There are so many great sewing blogs out there, and I feel I have only scratched the surface of what there is to discover. That said, I only found out about Fresh Sewing Day today.



And since I have a few finished this month, I decided to join in the fun.


Hm, I only finished on quilt... . But four shirts is not such a bad number, right? I have to say, the kids clothes week challenge really got me going this past month. And it felt great. I realized I sew not nearly enough for my boys. They are at an age right now where they find it great that Mommy makes them shirts. So I have to make the best of it 'til it lasts!

The quilt was a first for me, my first hand quilted one. I really, really love how it turned out. I have a king sized quilt planned for our bed, but I was a bit afraid of the quilting on my little machine. But hand quilting seems the way to go. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. I love your quilt and those shirts are fab. Good luck with your king sized one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is wonderful and the shirts look fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog from your comment on Ottobre's site. Are these the shirts you were commenting there about. I am trying to find out which edition of Ottobre I should order if I am looking for a good basic t-shirt pattern for my toddler son. Would it be the March 2012 or would you recommend another one? The shirts you show here look both cute and comfy. :-) If you have time to point me in the direction of a good pattern I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

    Karen @ folkhaven.wordpress.com
    folkhaven@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete