Tuesday, April 24, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Precious

Have you heard about the My Precious Quilt-a-long? This was just the push I needed to finally cut into my Little Folks stash. It has been sitting on my shelf for quite a while now. Once in a while, I would get it out and pet it a bit, feel the softness of it, imagine what I would make with it some day. But I never actually dared to cut into it. But this is no more, I took the plunge and just did it!


Oh, I can't wait to get this one finished. Just looking at those first few blocks makes me giddy!

Other than that, quilting has taken a back seat this week. It's kids clothes week challenge over at elsie marley, and for the first time, I did not miss it. After my quick success with a shirt yesterday, I bought some more knit.


I think it's quite rare to find cute knits for boys (other than just stripes). I bought enough for two shirts, so my kiddos can wear matching brother outfits (yes, I'm that kind of mom).

Also on the list is a new pair of pants for the little one. I guess I'll just make my go to pattern by Anna Maria Horner. The owls will be the lining, the other fabric is a really fine corduroy.


I think some pants and shirts should be doable until the end of the week, no?

As ususal, I'm linking up with the creative Lee over at freshly pieced!


10 comments:

  1. Oooh...the Little Folks quilt will be VERY nice. And very pet-able. You'll be so glad you took it off the shelf and made it into a quilt! I can't wait to see it finished. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Little Folks quilt is going to be gorgeous. A fabulous way to use that wonderful fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Folks quilt is lovely. I can certainly understand why you hesitated to cut into it. It will be a treasured quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little Folks quilt is going to be a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great combos for your kiddo clothing, love those owls! Your little folks will be stunning, cant wait to see progress of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning quilt. I love the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that strip quilt! Gorgeous! Good luck with sewing your kids' clothes! I wanted to try and sew along, but I just didn't want to stress myself out more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the plae buue tou are using in the center strip for the string quilt.
    The kids fabric is very cute, these will make great shirts. The owls is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful little boy fabrics.....love them! And your QAL pieces are beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete