Wednesday, April 4, 2012

WIP Wednesday: It's a girl!

Today I can share the happy news that a little over a week ago, I became an aunt to a beautiful little girl!

As you can see, she already wraps her parents around her fingers...

Of course this calls for a baby girl quilt. But now we come to the embarrassing part: I've know for weeks that I'll have another niece. I started a quilt for her, but then I put it aside to work on other stuff. And suddenly, she was here and the quilt was not done yet. So yesterday I finally finished all the blocks. And then I spend about an hour arranging them. I kid you not, it took me that long until I was happy with the layout.


The pattern is from Susan Beal's book Modern Log Cabin Quilting. Since we'll be visiting my in-laws over Easter and stay there for a whole week, I decided that I will quilt this by hand (I can't go without sewing for a whole week, can I?).  I plan on stitching around the crosses. Let's see how that will work out...

Since it's Wednesday, it's also time to link up with Lee from freshly pieced!



8 comments:

  1. Pretty quilt! I love the little touches of green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those teeny weeny fingernails ... congratulations aunt Kerstin!!
    I´m sure the handquilting around the crosses will look good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderfully sweet quilt. Hand quilting will make this so special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Can't wait to see the handstitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, what a sweet picture! :)

    That's a lovely little girlie quilt. She'll love it so much! And hand quilting it will make it so very special. :) A friend hand quilted a quilt for my first, and I was (and still am) amazed at how lovely it turned out. :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!
    i'm always so amazed at their little fingernails!!
    cute photo..
    xo
    eva

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulation on your new niece. The quilt top is very pretty and the hand quilting will add that special touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. totally adore! tHe reds and pinks and greens are perfect!

    ReplyDelete