Monday, April 2, 2012

Tova, take # 2

Happy Monday! And what a fine Spring Monday it is in my little corner of the world. Blue sky, no cloud in sight, blooms everywhere, what better start into the week can there be? Oh wait, there is a better way! With new clothes of course. New handmade clothes.

I spent Saturday evening glued to my sewing machine. After my first version of the Tova tunic, I felt confident enough to cut into the "good" fabric. I had two yards of Larkspur meadow by Alexander Henry that I've been saving for something special.





 I couldn't be happier about it. It's a bit loud and in your face, but I absolutely love it. This time I did not have to fumble so much with the insert and it turned out much nicer than in the first version. I guess practice does make perfect.

Since it's Monday and I have a finish, I'm linking up with Megan from Canoe Rigde Creations.



5 comments:

  1. What a lovely shade of blue in there! I love the fabric, and do believe you saved that fabric for the right thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Tova Kerstin - those blues are so pretty and it looks lovely with jeans too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your inset is super good! Very neat indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely tunic and it goes so well with jeans! Couldn´t be better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks lovely. And I like your first version, too. You look great in blue :)

    ReplyDelete