Wow, those weeks fly by fast! It's Wednesday already, I can't believe it. So without much further ado, I present what I did this past week. I started a new quilt!
I recently got two charm packs of Cosmo Cricket's Salt Air. I love the colors of this line! After a lot of thinking and debating with myself, I thought something with half square triangles would be good. After some more bloghopping and flickrbrowsing, I came across this tutorial. And voila, a new idea for a quilt was born. I started only yesterday with this, hence only three starflowers so far. The big one is made with 5 inch squares, the small one was 2,5 inches, and the one on the right was 3,5 inches. I plan on making different sizes of starflowers for this quilt, ranging from 5 to 2,5 inch squares as starting point. I don't think I want to use smaller squares or hst cut from squares smaller than 2,5 inches, it was already quite a puzzle with that size. Unfortunately, this project already came to a stillstand, since I only had a bit of Kona aqua left and now I have to order some more and wait for it. But I'm already really happy with this, I think that one will not go anywhere but find a nice spot on our couch.
While I'm waiting for the Kona, I'll just finish Melissa's baby quilt. I got it basted and ready to be quilted already last week, but then the weather has been so nice (in the mid 60s all the time and sunny), so I spend more time out then indoors...
I'm linking up with Lee from freshly pieced for WIP Wednesday!