Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Up in the salt air

Wow, those weeks fly by fast! It's Wednesday already, I can't believe it. So without much further ado, I present what I did this past week. I started a new quilt!


I recently got two charm packs of Cosmo Cricket's Salt Air. I love the colors of this line! After a lot of thinking and debating with myself, I thought something with half square triangles would be good. After some more bloghopping and flickrbrowsing, I came across this tutorial. And voila, a new idea for a quilt was born. I started only yesterday with this, hence only three starflowers so far. The big one is made with 5 inch squares, the small one was 2,5 inches, and the one on the right was 3,5 inches. I plan on making different sizes of starflowers for this quilt, ranging from 5 to 2,5 inch squares as starting point. I don't think I want to use smaller squares or hst cut from squares smaller than 2,5 inches, it was already quite a puzzle with that size. Unfortunately, this project already came to a stillstand, since I only had a bit of Kona aqua left and now I have to order some more and wait for it. But I'm already really happy with this, I think that one will not go anywhere but find a nice spot on our couch.


While I'm waiting for the Kona, I'll just finish Melissa's baby quilt. I got it basted and ready to be quilted already last week, but then the weather has been so nice (in the mid 60s all the time and sunny), so I spend more time out then indoors...

I'm linking up with Lee from freshly pieced for WIP Wednesday!

11 comments:

  1. Ohhh Kerstin- this is lovely- I really can't wait to see this all finished, I am in love with the star flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours and the variety of sizes of stars. This is going to be a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Salt Air! Great use for some charm packs and it looks fantastic paired with the aqua!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those colors. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great color choice. the fabrics are awesome. Can't wait to see the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kerstin, it looks great! I love those fabrics with the aqua background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. those fabrics look great with the aqua! Love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, nice! I think pairing it with aqua is perfect! And good for you for keeping it for yourself. :) We're having great weather here, too, so I'm not getting as much done as I need to. Spring, we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it with the aqua! I'm also making a stare quilt and have two of this starflower in it. Pics are on my site. Fun to see others using the asme blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely love this one! The aqua works so great! Can't wait to see this one finished. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The starflower is one of my favourite blocks too - love these fabrics with the aqua!

    ReplyDelete