Wednesday, March 7, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Life happens...

...while you busy making quilting plans! Oh, what plans I had for the last week! To finish at least two baby quilts. And what did I get done? Half a quilt top. That's it. Both my boys came down with a cold last weekend, and it hasn't been pretty. The big one is coughing like there's no tomorrow, and the small one has a really sore throat. But hey, that's good news, the pediatrician's first guess was scarlet fever. Thank goodness that test came back negative. So I've been trying to nurse them back to health. That means no preschool, and therefore no sewing time for Mom. Hopefully, they'll be back to normal by the weekend, I just can't stand to see them sick...

But let me at least show you what I did manage to make:


I finished all the blocks for my whirlgiggle quilt. The two top rows are already sewn together. I know that in the original tutorial from crazy mom quilts the pinwheels all whirl in the same direction, but I thought I'll give it my own little touch by letting two rows whirl in the opposite direction. I'm happy that I added the red, it was a bit bland before with just the aqua and green tones.

I'm sure that many, many other lovely quilters and bloggers got more done, so head on over to freshly pieced to check it out!



9 comments:

  1. danke schön für deinen Kommentar und ja ich quilte den ganzen mit der Hand, und das schon seit 1,5 Jahren, okay mit längeren Sommerpausen dazwischen, weil die Rückseite ja Fleece ist. Aber es dauert nur so ewiglange weil ich so ein kleines Muster mache, würd ich nie wieder tun lol, aber naja nun is es eh bald geschafft und dann kriegt ihn Amelie. *g*
    dein quilt sieht super aus, hab mich noch nie an diese Art rangetraut, mag nicht, dass man so viel verschnitt dann hat.

    lg Cornelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your whirly giggles :) By the way, when I was in high school (circa 1989-90) we had a foreign exchange student living with us from Tuebingen... last name Grebe. Know any Grebe's?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that looks really neat with the two rows spinning the opposite way. Good call with the reds - perfect touch of oomph to complement the other colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt! Love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just lovely. I love your whirlgiggle quilt. Great fabric choice,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like 'em going opposite directions..makes it whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's no fun taking care of sick little ones. I hope they get well soon!
    The whirly gigs are cute. They'll make a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the whirly giggle quilt - and you were definitely right to add the red. It totally takes the quilt to another level.

    Hope all of you are healthy this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sick kids and no preschool will definitely cut into your quilting time - I think your whirlygiggles are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete