Wednesday, March 21, 2012

WIP Wednesday: For Melissa

Blogging is great. Period. I met so many people through my blog which I would have never known otherwise. One of these is Melissa. She blogs at We shall sew and we got in touch after she left a comment on one of my posts. We've been e-mailing each other back and forth for a few month now, and she just strikes me as a very nice and caring person. (If you are still reading on, you are probably wondering what that has to do with WIP Wednesday, but hold on, it's coming!). A few weeks ago, I posted about this quilt, and Melissa left me a comment saying that she wants that quilt.

Well, sorry, you can't have that one, but I made you another one...


So sorry, Melissa, if I never answered your comment, but I had to keep it a surprise...

Melissa is pregnant with her third baby right now, and this will be my gift for her and the baby. I hope she'll like it. I used a charm pack of American Jane's Punctuation line and paired it with Kona snow.

Linking up with Lee from freshly pieced!



16 comments:

  1. Oh how very generous you are- what a lucky friend indeed, I really love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely gift for your friend. I am sure that she will treasure it as it is truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet! Love blogging, and love the friends we make doing it (warm fuzzies right now!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilt and that is such a lovely gift. Definitely something to treasure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lucky friend - it is a gorgeous quilt and such a lovely gesture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely quilt - the white really makes the colors pop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely gift, so great to meet real friends through blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how sweet! Isn't it so great meeting others through blogging??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice of you to make a baby quilt for a blog freind. Quilters are the nices people.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This quilt is fab and I think it's a wonderful surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great gift! The offset squares are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Kerstin; that is so very nice of you....lovely quilt. Doesn't it feel good to surprise a friend like this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great quilt! And a wonderful friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously, what a lucky friend am I?? And what a WONDERFUL friend are YOU?!?!?

    Oh my goodness, yes, I love that quilt. And I LOVE Punctuation! It is lovely, and I just feel SO very blessed!

    Kerstin, you are so generous. I just can't believe it. You're amazing! I wish I could hug you right now!

    *not that I can't believe that you're generous...it's that I can't believe that you made that quilt for me...I mean, my child. :)

    I can't say THANK YOU big enough.

    ReplyDelete
  15. As a friend of Melissa's I agree with everything you have to say about her! She is a wonderful, caring, and an amazing friend. Thank you so much for highlighting who she is and for making her such an amazing gift! You are so talented and your quilt is beautiful :)

    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is like the nicest thing ever!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete