Monday, March 19, 2012

Tova, take #1

I fell in love with this pattern the first time I laid eyes on a version somewhere out there in blogland. It has been a long distance relationship for quite a while. To be honest, I could not justify the cost plus shipping for a single pattern, so I just admired on flickr what everybody else made. Until I found out last Friday that you can now download a pdf version! This file was faster on my computer than you can say "paypal"!


This is my first version, and only the first one of many, many more to come, I'm sure about that.  I used some shirting fabric that I got for a great price. It's the same that I used for this dress. That way, it would have not been bad if I screwed it up. But there was no need to worry, the pattern and the instructions are so well written. The only thing that could have turned out better is the corners of the insert, but I guess that just takes practice and will get better with time. And practice I will!


I made the top in size m, and even if the photos don't do it justice, it's a perfect fit. What a great start into the week!

I'm linking up with Megan at Canoe Ridge Creations for Sew Modern Monday!



6 comments:

  1. You did a good job on this! And its a nice picture of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's fantastic! I've been toying with the idea of making one of these :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!! I like that pattern too. Stopping by from Sew Modern Monday linky party.

    Here is what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.ca/2012/03/vinyl-amp-cover.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making clothes is downright awesome! This looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely, the light blue really suits you too!

    ReplyDelete