Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunday shopping

What beats lounging around on your couch on a rainy Sunday afternoon? Fabric shopping of course! And that's exactly what I did together with Monika today. We went to Hilco this afternoon since they had a special sale going on. Normally, it's only for wholesale, but since Monika has her own little business, we could get in. Since we had both never been there, we had no idea what to expect.


Basically, the let us into their warehouse were they keep their stock. You had to buy by the bold, which normally contained 6 meters or more. The prices were okay, and at first we thought we just gonna split a bold if we find something we both like. But of the fabric we both really loved they only had one bold left, with 20 meters on it! I guess we did not love it that much that we thought we needed 10 meters each...

Monika is checking out the quilting cottons

They also have a sales shop for private customers which is open on Mondays and Fridays, I guess I will just come back then. What I really liked was their selection of knits.


They had so many colors and in really, really nice quality, too. We did end up buying some of them. We found a few bolds that had only 2 meters on them. This is what I came home with:


The blue is enough for a shirt, and the red might even be enough for a dress.
Oh, I almost forgot, we even got something for free! The gave us six copies of Knip and Knippie. I only leafed through them, but so far, I wasn't really impressed with what I saw. It's a bit thin for the price they are asking for that magazine, and I like Ottobre much better. But hey, you don't look a gift horse in the mouth, right?


1 comment:

  1. Hey - you did some nice pictures:) and it was fun!! What is better than strolling through fabrics on a dark sunday???
    In one of those magazines I have found a nice pattern for a T-Shirt - which I will try using the blue jersey and some old T-Shirts - at least that´s what I want to do ... let´s see when :)

    ReplyDelete