Friday, March 16, 2012

It' Friday, and I have a finish!

Hello, long time, no see, right? I've been neglecting this little space lately. But I haven't sewn anything in quite a while, so I did not have anything to write about. And I wanted to spare you the rather dull kids to school/shopping/laundry aspects of my life...


But this morning I had some time for myself and I decided I need a finish. And lucky me, I had a quilt basted and ready to go. Three hours later, I was done! Yeah, I love crib size quilts just for that reason.


This is my City Weekend girlie version quilt (you can see the boy version here). At first I was a bit skeptical about the pink in this mix, but I tried a layout without it and it really looked bland and boring. It's much better like this. This came together really quickly, I'd say it's a "quilt in less than a week" kind of project (unless you stretch it out over weeks like I did). The fabric is City Weekend by Oliver + S, paired with Kona white. The binding is Kona medium pink.

For the back, I used some fabric I bought a while ago in a home decor store. I thinks it's intended for some light cotton curtains, but the little flower design went so well with the charms. I only had a meter of it, so I had to add some pink gingham.


And fancy that, I have new labels! I had used up all the old ones that I got from a friend as a gift. The old ones just said "handmade by Kerstin", but I thought it's high time I have something with sunset sewing. I got them here, and I just love how they came out with the green print.


I'm linking up with crazy mom quilts again this Friday! What a nice start into this weekend!

PS: What are you up to this weekend? I will be going fabric shopping with my friend Monika! Yay, can't wait! We'll be going to Hilco (lots of their fabric is used for the stuff in Ottobre), they have a special sale on Sunday. If you are in our area, check it out!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like the scrappiness it has, yet complexity. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was going to be in the area on Sunday, I'd tag along!

    ReplyDelete