And what started out with this:
Yep, I ripped it all apart again. As I said last week, I really needed to work on my accuracy with this block. And it just does not look good when the seams don't match up in this quilt. I had it up on my design wall and looked and looked at it and it just kept bothering me. So I bit the bullet and just redid it. I also realized a few things along the way. Normally, I'm a press the seams open kinda girl. But with this block, it is much easier to just press them to the side. And it also helps to trim the blocks into an accurate square before joining them together...
So now I have this:
It's still not 100% right, but I'm getting there. There's something off in the upper right block, but I think I can live with it and hopefully it'll blend in once it'll be quilted (like in a 100 years with the pace I'm going right now, haha!)
But I also had a bit of success this past week, I finished the top for my sparkle punch quilt. This one has to be done in two weeks, I'll see my BFF then and give it to here. Hopefully she'll like it...
I'm linking up with Lee from freshly pieced again this week, take a moment to check out all the lovely links over there!