Wednesday, February 1, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Scrap Attack

Hello again to another WIP Wednesday. I now decided to give those posts additional titles, or else I'll be totally confused after a while. And since I was mostly working with scraps last week...

After finishing my string quilt, I realized just how many scraps I actually have. So another project was in order. I wanted to try my hand at something a bit more difficult this time. This is what I decided to try:


A wheel of fortune! I really like the look of it, but boy, it is difficult! The cutting alone is a nightmare, and as you can see from my scribbles in the upper left corner of the block, it's confusing (at least to me).


I also need to work on my accuracy, ahem...
But it's fun and nice to get out of your comfort zone once in a while. I guess this will be a slow work in progress, as in "one block per week".

The other thing I tried was a spider web block. I did something wrong with that as well, since it kind of bunches in the middle.



And then there was some progress on my sparkle punch quilt. I finished all the blocks now and I'm ready to piece the top together. This will be my next finish, I hope!


Like always, I'm linking up with Lee from freshly pieced for WIP Wednesday!



12 comments:

  1. Your wheel of fortune and spider web look great - I love the way the white shows up the other colours. Love the wonky stars too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sparkle punch quilt - beautiful!

    And too well I know the feeling of too many scraps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects. That wheel of fortune one looks tough! I love your string block! I'm a big fan of all quilts scrappy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice stuff! I like the spiderweb block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just totally impressed that you even tried that first block!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love all your projects, those scrappy blocks are just awesome! LOVE your sparkle punch :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the scrappy projects, very bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty scrap blocks and I love your sparkle punch quilt - it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with Aunt Spicy up there! That Wheel of Fortune thing is AMAZING!! I highly doubt you'll see me spinning one of those anytime soon. :)
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your scrappy blocks. The sparkle punch quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sparkle punch quilt is looking great, Kerstin! Great job with the scrappy blocks too!

    ReplyDelete