Monday, February 13, 2012

All bagged up

Happy Monday everyone! I'm happy to start off this week with a finished object. I haven't really sewed a lot lately, I was just not feeling it. My kids have taken a fancy to waking up at 5 am every morning for the last two weeks, so I've been a bit tired in the evenings.


This bag took me almost a week to finish, I've been that slow! However, it is done now and I'm pleased with it. Very pleased with it, since it's for myself. I've had eight fat quarters of the Drawing Room line by Anna Maria Horner, and I did not know what to do with it. Until it hit me that I don't really own a roomy bag. So I pulled out Heather Ross' book Weekend Sewing and got to work. The pattern is called the Everything Tote, I believe.


I even went all fancy with my seams and did some decorative stitching on them. I used denim thread, because it is extra strong and I think the color goes perfectly with the fabric.


Instead of the small, single pocket inside, I added a large panel and made three pockets all together for keys, sunglasses, diapers and wipes and stuff. The lining fabric I still bought in San Diego. There was this great store for rugs and home decor fabric. Huge selection of fabric, and they usually ran around six bucks a yard! Too bad that store is far away now...



I'll be linking up with Megan from Canoe Ridge Creations for sew modern Moday today!








5 comments:

  1. Beautiful bag, great size to carry everything in. Hope the kids decide to sleep in a bit soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric you chose for your bag and all the modifications you made to make this bag your style..Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fantastic! Good idea on the extra pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely! i never use my decorative stitches, and this is a great way to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bag looks fab! I'd call that a great week's work :)

    ReplyDelete