Tuesday, January 10, 2012

WIP Wednesday

Another week gone by, but this past one has been a very productive for me. I finished a quilt, a quilt top and I started a new quilt. Not too shabby...

I was able to finish my log cabin quilt over the weekend. I'd love to show a picture, but I haven't taken any good ones yet, the weather has been so rainy lately that it was impossible to do an outdoor shoot. I also think that this quilt deserves it's own post, so stay tuned...

I also found that as soon as I commit to something and announce it here or on flickr, I have to stick with it. Would be too embarrassing otherwise, no? So last week I committed to the Scrap Attack over on Stiched in Color, and yesterday I finished the quilt top. After two years! It was about time. But somehow, my scrap bins are not really emptier, so I guess there will be another scrap attack soon.



I started a new star quilt. This one's for my BFF. She came to visit a few weeks ago and she was really taken with this quilt. Since it's her birthday at the end of the month, I decided to make her a quilt. She picked the fabric from my stash, and as the neutral color she wanted to have Kona Ash. At first, I wanted to make a regular star quilt, but then I saw the amazing Sparkle Punch quilt over on Oh, Fransson!. And since Elizabeth is hosting a quilt-a-long, I decided to join in. The stars come together really fast, but this project is currently on hold since I ran out of Kona...



Don't forget to see what everyone else is up to...







16 comments:

  1. Your Scrap Attach quilt looks lovely. I'm asked for similar string blocks in a bee so I'm really looking forward to seeing it come together.

    Love the stars too. Can see why you're friend fell in love. I really like it with the Kona Ash background too. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your string block quilts. It's great to have motivation to finish something! An interlocking star quilt is on my list as well, although I didn't join the QAL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your scrap sting quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Scrappy String quilt is just beautiful...and I can't wait to see how the stars progress.

    Congratulations on all the fninishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love those strings, and I want to hop in the sparkle fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the string quilt!
    I never think that my scraps will work together, but this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your progress is great... I'm taken with both your projects. Want to do the stars as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two of my favourite kind of quilts in one post :). Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love you string quilt. It is totally on my quilting bucket list. I just don't know that I have enough patience to do it. Your star quilt is nice too. I have my fabrics picked out for this one. I just need to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both of your projects. Your scrap attack quilt is lovely. I love the string quilts and have to make one myself. And the sparkle punch quilt is also great. Another one to add to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What did you use as a foundation for your string quilt? I mean what did you sew it on? I can't remember what I have tried lately, but whatever it was it didn't work out. I know there is paper out there I can buy, but I wonder if I can just use tissue paper?

    I love the colors you picked for the wonky star!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm going to be making a wonky star quilt for my uncle soon, so I love seeing them all around right now. :) Makes me really itch to get started! Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am also quite taken with your starstruck quilt! :) this one is gonna be a stunner!

    ReplyDelete