Tuesday, January 3, 2012

WIP Wednesday!

Okay, before I start rambling about anything relating to quilting or sewing: HAPPY and especially a HEALTHY NEW YEAR! Sorry, I felt the need for shouting, because the healthy part has not been so great so far and the year isn't even a week old. On the 1st, my younger one fell on a walk and kissed the concrete with his nose. On the 2nd, my older one got his hand stuck in the car door and my husband spend six hours in the emergency room with him waiting for an X-ray (he's fine, nothing broken, thank goodness). And on the 3rd my younger one took the turn again by tripping over the bathroom rug and bumping his head against the tub. He now sports a giant bump on his forehead... (sorry, I just needed to vent a bit!) Let's hope it can only get better from there.

So did everyone set their goals yet for this year? Like never have any UFOs or not buying so much fabric? Well mine is to finish all the UFOs that are currently living in some boxes on my shelves. I also have another sewing goal that's not related to quilting, but I'll share that one in an extra post over the next few days.

Quilting-wise, I did make good progress this week. I settled on a design and finished my log cabin quilt top.


I wanted to make the border in Kona plum a little bit wider, but then I realized that I had just enough left for 2.5 inch strips. But better than nothing, no? It was definitely different to work with such monochromatic fabric. I'm glad I choose the plum for the center squares, I did a few test blocks first with Kona slate at the center, but that would have been a bit too dark for my taste. I think I will also go with some plum colored thread for the quilting (which hopefully takes place tomorrow evening).

I'm linking up with Lee from freshly pieced, I'm excited to see what everyone else has been working on...










7 comments:

  1. Looks FABULOUS, Kerstin. You must be so proud. The plum was definitely the right choice. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The log cabin looks great! nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking quilt.

    They say bad things come in threes, so you should be good to go for the rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh- you weren't kidding about the accidents. Geez. Your quilt top is lovely though. That makes up for some of it, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this quilt! hope everyone is okay. We are sick and grumpy at our house so far in 2012...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the grey in the log cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I'm crushing on your log cabin quilt! Great colors.

    ReplyDelete