Tuesday, November 1, 2011

WIP Wednesday #19

Wow, I can't believe it's already November. Time flies! And since November is the month of Thanksgiving, I will start early this year and say thank you everyone who visited last week and hank you for the amazing response to my wonky stars quilt!

And guess what the wonky stars quilt is finished! I already blogged about it last Monday, but since I'm so happy with this one I just had to mention it again...

What I should be working on right now is my cross quilt, but I haven't made any progress on that one. I have until the 10th to finish it up, so eight more days! Yikes! But I got all the supplies I need, so I guess I'll manage to finish it until my mother-in-law's birthday.


I did start and finish another quilt top (without finishing an old one first...), but it's a commission and I wanted to get it off my table. I don't know if I ever told you that I got myself elected on the parent's board of my son's preschool. One other board member just had a baby boy, and so the other members asked me to make a baby quilt. I opted for something simple. I just got two charm packs of City Weekend by Liesl Gibson of Oliver + S, and I decided to dig right in.


I paired it with Kona Cotton in white. I just took the charms, chain pieced the white strips to it and then pieced it together. It came together really fast, and I'm hoping to finish this one up tonight. I'm just not sure about the quilting yet. Any suggestions? I have been entertaining the thought of giving free motion quilting another go, but I don't want to mess it up and, let's be honest, I kind of suck at that...

Check out all the other great projects everyone else is working on over at freshly pieced...


11 comments:

  1. oh love the colours. orange is very in at the moment! :) and i always love blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cross quilt, great colours. I have a friend making one at the moment and would like to make one myself but need to finish something first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilts both look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cross quilt and the colours in the baby quilt are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a great eye for colour and design. Love both those quilts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really like your cross quilt! that is one of my favorite layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wonky stars quilt was is very nice! And good job finding the shirt factory! I love the cross quilt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely projects and colors for the quilts...that wonky star is super cute too, love the purple and yellow together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking projects. I am on my way to check out your finish. I am sure you will finish on time, at least I am crossing my fingers for you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your projects are looking great, Kerstin! As for quilting suggestions, I perhaps straight lines or some stars?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sorry, I don't know your quilting level? I say free motion cause it's easy. LOL Or at least it seems easy. Great crosses quilt too, I love that pattern and want to make something.

    ReplyDelete