Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Challenge complete!

I did it! I finished my 12th quilt this year and therefore have officially completed my personal quilting challenge for 2011. To be honest, I did not think I would be able to make it, with all the move and changes that have been going on here in the last few month. I mean, until August I was like five quilts behind! But it turns out that
a) having your own studio
b) your children going to preschool every morning
is a total boost for your creativity. Well, mine at least.

So here it is:


I had wanted to make a cross quilt as soon as I saw this one. And since I needed a gift for my mother-in-law's birthday anyway, this all worked out perfectly well.  The fabric came out of my stash, it's the same that I used for my postage stamps quilt back in May. The binding is done in a solid brown, it is Kona, but I really don't remember which shade exactly (note to myself: get this color card already to keep track of my fabric!).


I quilted it by outlining the crosses. I think simple lines would have been nice as well, or some lattice pattern. We will be off to northern Germany tomorrow by train for the big birthday party (my three year old is already so excited, he loves trains!). Thankfully, we won't have to come empty handed...


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful I love how it came out. I think my need youngest to go to preschool too! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH, I love the crosses. Looks very nice. Am jealous you have a studio. I kinda like quilting in the kitchen myself tho! Enjoy your train trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt! I love the quilting... very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful quilt. A great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the effect of the quilting on the back! Great job at color placement, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kerstin, your quilt is wonderful! Love your colour choices and your quilting is perfect for that quilt! Congrats on meeting your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh! i totally agree with points A & B!
    I have gotten so much quilting done since my little monster started going to school. He's only two days a week, but even that gives me the time to get my thoughts in order and be more productive. I love your quilt, the quilting is perfect, and I'm really happy I found your blog (via flickr).
    (I had some really good friends in college from Tuebingen so I feel an attachment to you already~)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait until my boys are in preschool. I know it sounds bad, but having quiet time everyday would be great. I finally got hubby to let me having a mommy's morning out every week rather than every other week, I am loving that. But it's just one day.

    Anyway... Love your cross quilt and the quilting! Love love love that fabric! Great job!

    ReplyDelete