Tuesday, October 25, 2011

WIP Wednesday #18

Hello again and welcome to WIP Wednesday! I have been concentrating on two projects only this past week: get the zig zag baby quilt finished and work on my wonky star quilt. To be honest, those were the only ones I could really work on, since the fabric I ordered over a week ago still did not show up on my doorstep. Hopefully today or tomorrow...
But the zig zag is done! I already blogged about it, but just for fun here's another photo...


It is now well on its way to Chicago to keep a baby warm...

My wonky stars quilt is coming along nicely as well. I was totally unsure about the layout, but now I'm quite certain this is how it will look like:


When I started with the blocks, I quickly realized that the one yard of Kona Celery I had in my stash was never going to be enough. So I added Kona Plum and Eggplant to the mix. But that would have meant to alternate between a purplish and green block, which I did not like. So last Saturday I just ordered some more Celery. I also used up every last scrap of the one I had at home. I made the 11 big blocks and then had enough left to make the little star in the middle.



At first, I had it placed right above the purple block in row four, but that somehow seemed off and did not work. So I will keep the three blocks in the middle row, I really like the look of it. Now it's not so orderly anymore. The final placement of the blocks concerning the different middle fabric is not set in stone yet, I will have to move them around a bit and see were I'll end up. I'm hoping to finish this baby in time for the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side.

I'm not the only one who was busy this past week, so hop on over to freshly pieced and check out all the other great stuff...




21 comments:

  1. I have wanted to make a zigzag quilt for the longest time--yours is really cute. And I LOVE everything about your wonky stars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wonky star quilt! The celery colour solid is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the zigzag! I think quilting will make that wonky star quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The zig-zag looks beautiful. I'm sure some baby in Chicago will be a very happy, content baby soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little star is so cute! Both quilts look excellent! I've been wanting to make a zigzag quilt but keep putting it off. I think you've convinced me to make one for our friends who are expecting a little boy soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the couple of plum/eggplant backgrounds mixed in with the celery- I think it adds a lot of visual interest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving that zig zag baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice zig zag quilt, and I have had a wonky star quilt on my to do list for ages. You may have inspired me to get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the purple and green mixed together! They compliment each other nicely. Great job on the zigzag quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The wonky stars are great! I like the purple and eggplant additions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of your quilts are awesome! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't you hate when you don't have enough fabric? Very fustrating! I like your wonky stars with a bit of the plum and eggplant in the background. Adds some visual interest.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the purples mixed in with the celery, and I LOVE the little star in the middle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The zig zag quilt looks so beautiful and the celery and eggplant colours together for your wonky stars are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i am loving your zig zag quilt! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your wonky stars...one of these days I am going to try my hand at them. Great Job.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I super-duper love the wonky stars!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The colours in the baby quilt are to die for! Love them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. When I opened this post, I was so impressed with the zig zag quilt photo. I said to myself, wow, beautiful colors, awesome pattern, so cool! My jaw dropped when I read a little further noting how it was being sent to Chicago and my son was the recipient! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I will send you pics of its arrival....I cannot wait!!!! We are so grateful.....xoxo

    ReplyDelete