Wednesday, October 19, 2011

WIP Wednesday #17

That time of the week again, huh? Wednesday always seems to come so fast...

I have two new projects to show this week, and made no progress on any old one. I feel a bit unfocused at the moment. But that's not really my fault. It just plain sucks to live 20+ miles away from the nearest decent fabric store. I have to order all my supplies online, and I have to wait for fabric for the Fall Leafs quilt (I hope it gets here before fall leaves...).

My first new project is a Cross quilt. After seeing this, I had to make one myself. I had lots and lots and lots of fabric left over from this project, so I got right to work.


My mother-in-law will celebrate her 60th birthday next month, and I decided that this will be my present. When I showed it to my husband, he said he did not like the colors, they would be  a bit "too old". But I'm sure she'll like it (I hope). I have all the charms cut out and just need to piece them together.

My second project is a little something for myself. I need a blanket for yoga class and I decided this will be it. I had so much fun making the star block for the San Diego Modern Quilt Guild last week. And I had this little stack of all time favorite fabrics that I was not sure what to do with it.


I am totally undecided about the layout yet, but I'm sure that will come to me once I finished all the blocks and can move them around on my design wall. (I'm not so sure about the block on the bottom either, I might have to redo this one).


There's some Momo Freebird in there, some Wonderland, Little Folks by Anna Maria Horner and Parisville by Tula Pink. The solids are Kona Celery, Eggplant and a berry shade that I can't remember what it's called.

Like always, I'm linking up to freshly pieced...




10 comments:

  1. Both projects look great so far! I love a good plus quilt and those star blocks are fun to make. I love the colors you've used in the yoga quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, the wonky stars are looking lovely! So is your plus quilt, I'm sure your mother-in-law will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you MIL is going to love the quilt you are working on. Those fabrics are great. I'm a sucker for wonky starts. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the colors in your wonky star quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those wonky stars! The fabrics are really working. I agree about the last block-lose it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the stars! I really want to try that block sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are lovely!

    Mary
    http://www.quiltgenius.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the colours in your cross quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blocks! I love the cross top.

    ReplyDelete