Wednesday, September 28, 2011

WIP Wednesday #15

This weeks WIP blog post is brought to you by the colors blue, red and white. At least it feels that way, since these seem to be the dominant colors around here lately...
 But first, happy Wednesday everyone! I am happy to report that I've been busy in the last two weeks. One quilt finished, two quilt tops finished, one made progress, I got my place all decked out for fall and I even managed to make a new T-shirt for myself (which will not be shown here since I have yet to take some photos).

I finished the zig zag quilt top! Yay for me, since piecing triangles is not my favorite. I'm happy with how it turned out, and I'd love to finish it. But this project has come to a screeching halt for the moment, since I have not enough fabric in my stash that I can use for the back. So I have to take a trip to the fabric store first. That's a bigger thing around here. In my city, there's no fabric store for quilting. So I either have to order online, which I don't like so much because I like to see and feel the fabric in person. Or, I have to drive for about 25 miles, which is not great with a toddler and a preschooler who don't like to shop for fabric in the first place. But this coming Saturday my husband gave me the day off, and I will meet a friend and shop till I drop! But here's what I have so far:


Last week, I also started something new. I have to admit I'm a bit slow sometimes in keeping up with all the wonderful blogs out there. A lot of quilt-alongs, giveaways etc. just pass by me and I realize when everything's already over. So it took me a while to notice the "100 Quilts for Kids Quilt Along" on the lovely blog swim, bike, quilt. But I managed to finish the quilt top and piece the back in a week. Now it just need basting, quilting and binding, but I hope to get that done in the next two evenings. The pattern is the storytime squares pattern by Rae of Made by Rae fame. I only added another row of squares since I thought it was a bit on the small side otherwise. I will donate it to the NICU of UCSD hospital (which is technically not in my neighborhood anymore, but I guess that's okay).


The project that's up on my design wall these days is the raw edged circle quilt. I'm really, really excited about this one. I decided to make it a generous lap size and then it will live on my sofa. Yes, I am that selfish.


As usual, I'm linking up with lots of other creative ladies over on freshly pieced...



10 comments:

  1. Love your storytime squares quilt! And the circles are going to look fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! All your sewing is beautiful. I especially love the circles one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the circles quilt - and not surprised you're going to keep that one - just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the direction you put your zig zags, it seems like all the others I've seen go the other direction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that red on the Story Time. So cute! And your zigzags are very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that zigzag quilt! Everything is looking great :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! They are Beautiful! I love your projects.. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is so pretty...enjoyed your sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you are prolific! I'd probably not do well with a fabric store 25 miles from my home.

    ReplyDelete