Wednesday, September 7, 2011

WIP Wednesday #13

Happy Wednesday, everyone. I hope you all had a good week. Mine was very happy and productive.
I finished the Fabler-Fandango quilt, I worked on my zig zag quilt and I even started a new one (although that was not planned).

The zig zag is coming along nicely, but I keep changing my mind on which fabrics from my stash I want to add. This is the progress so far:


I am also not sure if I really want to keep this traffic print and the green at the bottom or if I should just turn the whole thing around and add to the green triangles. I'm open for suggestions...

After finishing the Fabler-Fandango Mash up on Sunday, I was on a finishing high. So I made plans to finish all my UFOs before I start another quilt. I'm speaking of the Merry go round quilt, my string quilt, a scrappy quilt and all the clothes I wanted to sew over the summer. But while I was in my studio yesterday evening, I looked at this:


And what do you know, an hour later this had happened:



 I just couldn't help myself, sometimes it feels as if the fabric is calling out to me: "Cut me up and use me in a quilt!"

As usual, I'm linking up with Lee from freshly pieced. Hop on over and check out all the awesome, creative ladies who linked up!



9 comments:

  1. I love your circle blocks, how fun!
    And cute zig zags, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it crazy how fabric does that sometimes? I love what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your circle blocks! They are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of your stash, I love those circles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. That DS Quilts fabric hypnotized me too! Great progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those circles matched up well! I was going to copy you and finish a project but now I'll copy you by starting a new one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear you! Sometimes it's fun just to stack up those fabrics and let the ideas roll in. And curvey blocks are so versatile and fun to make.

    Your fandago quilt turned out so terrifically! I've got to get over to IKEA and see if I can find that fabric--although knowing how things go, they only sell it in Germany. That does it--I've got to come back over to Germany (a place I really enjoy).

    Elizabeth E!
    http://occasionalpiece.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have GOT to make a circle quilt :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm glad that i'm not the only one compelled to start a new project as soon as i decided that i need to complete some old WIP's...

    ReplyDelete