Thursday, September 22, 2011

New rule

I came up with a new rule: For every new project I start, an UFO has to be finished. And since I started the raw edged circle quilt two weeks ago, I also finished something. The Fandango merry go round!


I already finished it last Monday, but somehow I did not get around to take pictures until this morning. I am super pleased with how it turned out. For now, it will live on my couch, it has the perfect lap size. It was originally intended as a baby quilt for a friend. Who would have thought that the baby girl turns out to be a boy! The little cutie will get the zig zag quilt I'm working on right now, because I think this one is too girly.


I had started this quilt while I still lived in San Diego, and it moved basted and halfway quilted with me to Germany. The quilting was a pain, so many twists and turns under the machine. But well worth it...




1 comment: