Monday, September 19, 2011

All about Autumn

September is my favorite month. It was in San Diego, because all the tourists are gone then and it is still nice warm beach weather. And it is in Germany, because all the leaves are turning and get those beautiful colors, but the afternoons are still end of summerish warm (although I don't really like the 44 degrees we currently have in the mornings...).
To really get into the spirit of fall, I did a little home dec project yesterday. Nothing fancy, just a little garland to go up on the window.


I took some extra thick felt, made a few leaf templates, transferred the templates onto the felt with one of those magic fabric markers, cut out the leaves, sewed them together. Easy as that!


This one evening's work will make me smile for the next few weeks until I'm in the mood for snowflakes...

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea! A perfect decoration for fall! Nice blog. I came across it via Flickr.

    ReplyDelete