Tuesday, June 14, 2011

WIP Wednesday #11

Okay, it's still Tuesday on my side of the country, but never mind. I celebrate early this week...
Happy WIP Wednesday everyone. As usual, I'm linking up with Lee from freshly pieced. Hop on over there and check out all the other awesome blogs. And if you just arrive from there, welcome!


Man, I've been busy this past week! I was concentrating on two projects, the merry go round and the Modern Crosses baby quilt. Those need to be done now. First, because I'm behind in my personal "I'll make 12 quilts this year" challenge, and secondly, because I am only allowed to sew until the weekend. And then I have to stop for a while. Okay, allowed sounds a bit harsh. But I will have to concentrate on other things for a while, like packing suitcases, selling our furniture, saying goodbye to all my friends in San Diego...
The big news is that in three weeks, we'll be moving back to Germany. And we will only take suitcases and ship a few boxes, that's it. So starting this weekend, I have to go through my sewing stuff and sort out, pack in a box, give away, ... you get it.

So I'm hard at work to finish those two quilts. Tonight, I managed to piece the back of the Modern Crosses, mark the quilting lines on the top and baste the whole thing together. Not bad for one evening, no?


I also had to work on the merry go round because it became somewhat of an eyesore. No, not the quilt itself. But for the past few weeks, it had been like this:


Folded up on a chair in a corner. I just could not stand it anymore. And I managed to get it halfway quilted:


Here's a shot of the back for a better look at the quilting:


I guess I won't be linking up for a few weeks now. So long then...

15 comments:

  1. LOVE the modern crosses quilt, the colors are fantastic. Good luck finishing up and have a safe, stress-free move to Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your quilts are gorgeous. I hope you find the time to finish them before you have to pack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you're outlining the hexies in your quilting. And the cross quilt is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of stops and starts and turns! Good for you for taking the time to quilt it that way. The hexies you've finished look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the hexies quilt looks great and so does the modern crosses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the hexie quilting path!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're making great progress! Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the merry go round quilt! Beautiful! And the modern crosses is darling!

    Good luck with your move back to Germany! I hope it goes smoothly and you get back to sewing and linking VERY soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your quilts! Have a good move back to Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the quilting on the MGR is looking fantastic! love it! and i think the modern cross is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your two quilts are looking wonderful! So I can't tell are you excited about you move. I hope you get to keep all your favorite sewing items and everything important to you in your move.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilts are beautiful! I hope your move goes well and that you are sewing again soon. I knit a lot when I am on the go, in case you are looking for something to tide you over.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I live in Southern California, too, but love Germany (my latest quilt is taken from a gate I saw in Munich). Good luck in your move, and good luck with getting all the things ready for that experience. We'll look forward to seeing your posts in a little while--after you get settled in.

    Elizabeth E.
    http://occasionalpiece.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, love the Modern Crosses in the DS prints. Very nice! And the hexagon quilt is gorgeous. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete