Tuesday, June 7, 2011

WIP Wednesday #10

After not sewing anything for two weeks and therefore missing the link up last week due to sickness, I'm back! And I am very sorry for not replying to any comments at all two weeks ago, but really, all I wanted to do was curl up on the couch and close my eyes. Sorry, but I did appreciate each single one!


I did manage to make progress on the Modern Crosses baby quilt. I was quite embarrassed that I had to show up empty handed at this shower (well, not quite empty handed, I did bring a store bought gift). But the mom-to-be-came over this evening to get help with the curtains for the baby's room. I showed her what I have so far and she loved it. I'm pretty happy that she likes it, but I'm sure she'll like a finished quilt even more. The curtains we sewed are plaid in green and yellow, so the quilt will not look totally out of place in the room. Yay!


Other than that, pretty much every other project is on hold right now. That includes two girls dresses (one of the birthdays was in March, maybe I should concentrate on that next), the string quilt, the Freebird quilt, the merry go round and the IKEA/Fandago mash up. Hmm, maybe it's a bad thing that my copy of Block Party arrived today. So many great new projects in this book...

10 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad! This is going to be a spectacular baby gift! Just keep working and it will be done in no time. It sounds like its going to a home that will completely appreciate it, which is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your modern crosses quilt is looking!!! Trust me, that quilt is going to be very much appreciated, you just keep plugging away at it. I can't wait to see the top get all finished up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I am glad you are feeling better now! That baby quilt is going to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the colors you choose for you modern crosses quilt. It is looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand being a bit behind. I have a top I basically just put away, my sister's birthday quilt (May) that is not quite quilted, yada yada yada. But it will all come together! Your quilt is lovely! Oh, and glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, this is looking so beautiful. not surprised at all the mama loved it! its lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha...when I got Block Party, I dropped EVERYTHING and just immersed myself in that book! I read every pattern, every bio, looked at every picture...and added at least 3 quilts to my wish list. :) Dangit!
    The help section at the back is really great, though!
    I'm glad you're feeling better and getting back into your normal routine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the modern crosses! I just got that book in the mail and I'm going to make one to hang on my wall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, great take on the modern crosses. Perfect fabric choices! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete