Friday, June 17, 2011

Crossed off the list

Another project crossed off the to do list before the move! I finished the Modern Crosses baby quilt! Only two weeks late for the baby shower, but the mommy to be is still pregnant.
This was such a fun pattern to make. And it actually comes together really quickly with chain piecing. I used my DS Quilts fabrics, paired with some Kona Cotton. Unfortunately, I don't remember all the colors I used, but there's some Kona peacock, some aqua, ivory and green grass in it.


For the binding, I used some fabric from my stash. Do you know those fabric quarters they sell at Joann's? Well, they are placed on the right height to grab for a toddler in the shopping cart. My three year old is crazy about them. So every time we go there, he wants to pick some out. I guess he had a lucky hand the last time...


For the back, I pieced a strip with all the fabrics from the front together and paired it with more Kona green grass (or is it grass green? I can never remember). Oh, and I also added the initial for the baby's name. My friend was very sure they'll go with Christopher, so I added the C. I hope they don't change their mind in the last minute...


I'm very happy with the end result, I hope mommy and baby will like it, too!

Now I have to go back to packing. I put all my fabric in a box yesterday and just for the fun of it, put it on the scale. Around 40 pounds...

3 comments:

  1. Love how this turned out. Sorry to hear that we won't see you today though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh kerstin, its beautiful! i love it- and the backing is gorgeous as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's gorgeous! I just love it and I'm so happy you liked the pattern :)

    -susan

    ReplyDelete