Tuesday, May 17, 2011

WIP Wednesday #8

Wednesday is always coming up so fast... Time again to link up with Lee from freshly pieced!


First, I have to apologize. I really, really appreciate every visitor to my blog and I am thrilled about every comment. And as much as I would love to answer each one right away, sometimes I just need a few days longer...
But I guess you don't come here to hear me whining about being busy, you want to see what I've been busy with. Besides my "it needs to be finished in one evening"-project, I only worked on one quilt project this week. The merry go round is almost finished!


Well, the top is finished and I basted it, now I just need to quilt it. This pattern was so much fun to make, it doubt that this will be the only one I ever make. And Fandango is such a gorgeous line, i loved cutting into it. I made the quilt top a bit smaller, the pattern said to use three jelly rolls. I only had two and decided to see how far they'll take me. Since this is only a baby quilt, I am happy with the size. But one thing is crucial in making this quilt: You have to be really, really precise. I think I did a good job in matching all the seams, just my centers are sometimes a bit off...


For the back, I choose one of my favorite patterns from Fandango, and I think that's a good one for a baby quilt, too.


I still have a lot of strips left, but I don't think it will be enough for a whole other quilt. but while I was going through my stuff, I found this IKEA print. The colors of the drawings match nicely with Fandango, so I'm thinking of fussy cutting the little animals and using them as centers in a square in square quilt. I'm sure one of my friends will have another baby girl sooner or later (more sooner than later)!

20 comments:

  1. What a wonderful quilt! I just love how the hexagons came together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that hesagon quilt! I have made one, and it's still my favorite!! Great job!! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so lovely:) You're right about this fabric line!!! So wonderful colors and prints!!! That hexagon design is just amazing!!! Can't wait to see it all finished, and washed!! It'll look gorgeous:)
    Happy Quilting!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors and the fabrics! Nice Work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo the Merry Go Round quilt is very nice. Love the Fandango line, wow, 3 jelly rolls yikes. Sometimes smaller is better. I love your little IKEA print, too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt is gorgeous. Can't wait to see it quilted. I love that pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your quilt and that fabric is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty hexie quilt, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Merry Go Round is great. You did a great job on the seams. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That hexie quilt is great. I have a jelly roll of Fandango too and that fabric line is just awesome. Yes yes yes to fussy cutting the IKEA. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the hexies, and absolute yes to fussy cutting the ikea fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice...and we all like to whine once in awhile..right?? I love the Ikea fabric...

    ReplyDelete
  13. How pretty! I love that fabric line. You have very lucky friends. And I totally feel the busy thing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Merry Go Round looks great! And that Ikea fabric is just adorable! Is it a recent one? I might have to look at that when I'm at an Ikea next month.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isn't IKEA the best for cute fabrics? I usually scour thrift shops for their duvet covers, too. Love your merry go round quilt - the hexagons look great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. super cute! and i love the ikea print!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! I love this quilt. Such a fun design.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is coming together wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful quilt! Your fussy cutting is incredible. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous quilt. Love the design too. That IKEA print is too cute.

    ReplyDelete