Wednesday, May 11, 2011

WIP Wednesday #7

Wow, I can't believe I've been posting my work in progress for seven weeks already. Time flies! I love linking up with freshly pieced every week, I've discovered so many lovely blogs with tons of inspiration through it. And hopefully, a few people have discovered my little creative space here as well...


After finishing the postage stamps, I've mainly worked on two projects this past week. I sewed some blocks for my all-in-one string quilt. Why all-in-one? Well, it basically contains strips of every quilt I've made so far. It will be a present for a very sweet little girl, and it's long overdue. I started the quilt top about a year ago, right before baby M arrived. And then it somehow disappeared in the back of the closet, only halfway done. That's about to change!


My other big project was the merry go round. I really love that project, it it so much fun. I did a lot of sewing, a lot of cutting and some more sewing. Right now, I have all the triangles sewn and cut.


I have to admit it, I'm not the kind of person who finishes all the blocks before piecing them together. I always have to start piecing the top together to see how it will look. So far, I'm quite pleased with it...


And since two of my friends will have baby boys in the not so far away future, I got some more fabric (when do you actually know you have a problem and are addicted to fabric??)


I'm thinking about something with circles or some log cabin blocks??

10 comments:

  1. Your merry go round quilt is coming along. I like it but then I love that fabric and almost anything made from that fabric I would like. I have a string block quilt all put together just needs to be quilted, I like those blocks. The DS fabric will make wonderful boy quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, i love love the idea of an "all in one quilt!" and i think the boys quilt will be fantastic with those colors! i love fresh new colors for boys' quilts! log cabin would be awesome with those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the blocks you're working on and I'm super obsessed with your fabric stack. It's fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the merry go round pattern. Definitely awesome!

    Mary
    http://www.quiltgenius.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of including fabrics from each quilt! Still loving the merry go round too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been busy & your blocks look great. I really like the colors in your merry go round.

    ReplyDelete
  7. all your projects are wonderful! i really like your eye for color, so much like mine :) hooray for getting your ufo going - isn't that a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. String quilts are so much fun! Yours is going to be fabulous! I'm a lot like you...I don't have to have all the blocks together before I start the top assembly...it makes sense to me to "see" where I'm going.

    Love the blues and greens!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been trying to decide on solids to go with those same DSQuilts fabrics. Would you mind telling me the ones you decided on?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how the triangles come together to form hexagons. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete