Monday, May 16, 2011

Instant gratification

Sometimes, that's just what I need. Sewing wise, that is. When I mainly work on quilts for a while, I need a project that's quick and comes together in one evening. So I can hold the finished product in my hands at the end of that evening. The opposite of a quilt, so to speak. I feel like for the last three weeks, I did nothing but quilting. But yesterday evening I decided I need my instant gratification...
This is what I came up with: another pair of Quick Change Trousers from Anna Maria Horner's Handmade Beginnings. I guess I say it now for the thousandth times, but I love that book. Did I mention I love that book?

Front
No, he's not wearing diapers anymore, it just looks a bit baggy...

J needed a new pair of pants anyway. This boy is growing like a weed! This time, I went for an all jean version. My husband had ruined a pair of his just recently. A fairly new pair, but the grease stains would not come out, even after three washings. So I recycled them into a new pair. Of course J is thrilled that his new jeans used to be daddy's old ones...
I lined them with a green and white striped cotton from my stash, it's a remnant I picked up at the fabric store for $4 a while ago.



I usually line all the clothes I make for my little ones, I think that's just a nicer feel for such soft skin, no?

3 comments:

  1. Great job, I saw that book and thought it was a nice one for mom's with little ones. We need to think of more ways to recycle things these days, every penny counts. Back to the 30's when people were very thrifty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a fantastic job!!! It looks great:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love them! yay for new uses for old things! :)

    ReplyDelete