Wednesday, April 27, 2011

WIP Wednesday #5

One week gone by, no blog posts in between, no project done... . Never mind, time to link up again with Lee from freshly pieced!


Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans. This is totally cheesy, but oh so true for the last week. After finishing the quilt for our bed, I was on a roll. So I made plans to finish the postage stamps quilt in a week. Shouldn't have been a problem, since the top was more than halfway done. My plan was to finish the top by Saturday, have the back pieced by Sunday, baste by Monday and be done with the whole thing by Tuesday. But my baby had other plans...
He started out with a light fever on Saturday, and by Sunday afternoon we were at 103.7 degrees. Yesterday evening he was finally done with the fever, but it seems that now he's getting three teeth at once. The poor guy is miserable! So as you can imagine, I was busy with soothing and worrying instead of piecing and quilting!
But here's a picture of what I've got so far:

Yes, that is the exact same photo from a few weeks ago...
If baby feels better by the weekend, I will attend the sew in of the San Diego Modern Quilt Guild on Sunday, and hopefully get it done by then!

11 comments:

  1. I hope your little guy is feeling better soon!

    That postage stamp quilt is going to be gorgeous when you get it finished. I really like the solid you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your choices for the postage stamp quilt. Your header photo is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope baby feels better...Love your colours..the quilt will be there when you have the time....and we will be anxiously waiting to see it..so take care.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. How, how, how, do you get those squares to match up so nicely. I use the 1/4 presser foot and mine still don't match up.....maybe it just takes practice??? Anyways, I love your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hope your little one gets to feeling better so you get to go to your MQG sew!! Those have been THE. BEST. DAYS for me. I never get anything done, mind you, but I just love to spend the day in that super-fab creative setting with everyone. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tha fact that you get anything done with a little one is amazing, let alone. with a sick little one. I love the quilt so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your fabric choices in your postage stamp quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those fabrics are really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey K! Have you come across Quiltology? It's a local Chicago shop and website/blog. You may find it inspiring....kisses to the kids....Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey again, found your blog through flickr! i'm a follower now. :) kelley (from the sdmqg meeting)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your postage stamp quilt is gorgeous! Love the colors. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete