Wednesday, April 20, 2011

WIP Wednesday #4

So, after I accidentally linked to the wrong blog post last week, I hope I get it right this week (I linked to WIP Wednesday #2 instead of #3). After this rather embarrassing introduction, it's time to shout it out: IT'S WIP WEDNESDAY AGAIN! And I'm linking up with freshly pieced...


I haven't really done a lot of sewing last week. My in-laws are in town and we do lots of fun things together, and I think it would be rude to have them over for dinner and then just leave them to themselves to sit at the sewing machine...

But I finally, finally finished the squares in squares quilt. Which is the March quilt in my personal "One quilt a month" challenge. Ahem, not that April is almost over...
I am very happy with it, it's the largest quilt I've ever done so far (almost queen sized), and I was a bit afraid of the quilting. In the end I just settled for random lines, and I literally finished on the last few inches of the thread. It would have sucked to run out of thread! The fabrics are a mix of Alexander Henry (it's this whole rain line - rain spots, rain flowers etc.), Kona cotton (colors maize, tomato, peacock and a green which name I forgot) and a few from Joann's.

No, this is not my backyard fence, that's in the beautiful Joshua Tree Park
Since this quilt will now live on our bed, I added a little love note to my husband on the back:



And now I have about 10 days to complete my next quilt to not fail my challenge again this month! But the postage stamps are almost done. You'll see the progress next week!

10 comments:

  1. I really love that quilt! The colors made me think it was made from Hideaway at first, you picked some great color combos. I especially love the love note on it, it's so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice quilt Kerstin....cheerful colours too

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice! love the special note for you husband.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome that you ran out of thread at the end! That never happens to me, I'm always a few inches short! Your quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I'd be proud to lay that on my bed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I started buying extra thread, having run out on one too many holiday weekends...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt looks lovely! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your quilt!! and the colors are awesome... btw this is huge!!!
    Really great job!!
    Thank you for coming over to my blog and leaving me such a wonderful comment!! I'm following now...
    xo
    Eleni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your finished quilt is beautiful! Love the personalized backing too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! I love the bright colors and the square-in-square design. Great job! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete