Wednesday, April 13, 2011

WIP Wednesday #3

What? Already another week gone by? So it's time again to show my work in progress and to link up with the lovely blog freshly pieced!


I have been sewing almost every evening, and yet I have no finished project to show. That's kind of frustrating. But sewing time has dramatically decreased around here. Child #1, the champion of the three hour nap every afternoon, decided a few weeks ago that he does not need any nap at all any more. So he does quiet time in his room now and then he's allowed to watch some TV. I tried to sew while he's watching, but apparently the sewing machine is way more interesting than TV. And trying to quilt while your little one is pulling on the other end of the quilt is not so much fun. But I'm rambling on, let's see what we've got...

I did start to quilt the squares in squares quilt. I decided on random, straight lines. The quilt is nearly queen sized, and I was afraid to try anything to complicated (and yes, I suck at free motion quilting and there has to be a lot of practice before I'll quilt something that way).

Front
Back

I'm halfway there, so I hope to have it finished by the end of the week.

I also worked a bit on my hexagons. This project, together with the postage stamps quilt, will have top priority for the rest of the month.


It has to be done by April 29th. I already mentioned that it will be a gift for my husbands grandmother. My parents-in-law are coming on Thursday and I want to give the quilt and the hexagon pillow to my mother-in-law so she can take it to Germany with her and give it to Grandma. 


And hooray me, I did some sewing for myself! Yay!

When it's finished, I hope it will resemble this dress. Even though I can't wait to sew on, I have to wait until my mother-in-law gets here. The pattern is from the German edition of the Burda magazine (02/2011), and I need some Vlieseline Formband to finish it. This is kind of an iron on bias tape that you use to stabilize the armholes or the front of the bodice of a dress, and I have yet to find something like that here in the US. But maybe I haven't been looking well enough?

And now if you'll excuse me, I have to dash off to the nearest Joann store to try to snag up some of that Denyse Schmidt fabric!

2 comments:

  1. oh! your little one sounds like mine! he turned 2 in february and still going strong with his 3 hr afternoon nap. i'm not sure what i'll do when he stops! no signs yet...good luck with your projects!

    ReplyDelete