Wednesday, April 6, 2011

WIP Wednesday #2

I am linking up again with Lee from  freshly pieced this week for WIP Wednesday! Hop on over there and check out all the lovely blogs. It's so inspirational to see what others are working on.

I have been quite busy myself. I did piece together the square in square quilt top and I had planned to finish it over the weekend. But we have family in town and the weather was so nice, so that did not get done...
However, I did play around with the freebird fabric. I finally settled on the eggplant as a solid, and I love the result!


 The eggplant goes really well with the purple tones that are in the freebird fabric:


I am very excited about this quilt. I don't know what size it'll be, I guess I will just use up all the strips from the jelly roll and see how far I get with it.

Other quilt project that are in various stages of completion are the squares in squares, the postage stamp quilt, a string quilt and the hand pieced hexagons.

I also managed to do a little clothes sewing, I finished some pj's for my older son. Here's a little sneak peek, but they deserve their own post, so stay tuned...

10 comments:

  1. That quilt looks great so far! LOVE the fabric choice! And the PJ's are great too, I'd love to make some for my little guy when he's out of sleepers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pj's are darling! Love the quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love purple as the neutral! Your blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, that purple is great with the freebird. That quilt is going to be great. LOVE the pj's! they look professional.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eggplant was a wise choice. It totally changes the look of the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your Freebird quilt! The purple really compliments the prints.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice to see another west coaster on WIP! I like the freebird, the colors are great together! I can't wait to make pj's for my son, he's only 1 so I want to wait until he won't grow out of the in a 3 months-- does that ever happen? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That eggplant really sets that quilt off, definitely a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love those freebird blocks! The eggplant sashing was a great choice. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete