Wednesday, March 30, 2011

WIP Wednesday #1

I guess there's a first time for everything... I am linking up with Lee from Freshly Pieced for the first time today to show my work in progress!
Because all I have to share is work in progress, nothing is finished at the moment. That means I probably won't meet the deadline for the march quilt. This is what it looks like now:


I only finished the blocks yesterday, but I hope by tomorrow night they will have become a quilt top.

I managed to fit in a trip to the fabric store last weekend. After the whole turquoise disaster, I had to get new fabric for the Freebird quilt. I came home with three choices: Kona cotton in eggplant, in celery green and in ivory. I took some of the strips with me, but then I could not make up my mind in the store which one I like best. And some Kona cotton in the stash doesn't hurt, no? At the moment, I tend towards the eggplant, I think that would be the boldest and most fun solution. Plus, it matches the purple in the Freebird fabric perfectly. The green one would be nice, too, it's kind of a neutral, but still fun.  The the ivory is my "safe" solution.


Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Diggin' the green, but the adventuresome part of me says eggplant! This is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks! I can't wait to see your Freebird quilt finished. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday! : )

    ReplyDelete