Thursday, March 24, 2011

Freebird, free of plan

A while ago I stumble across a Freebird by Momo jelly roll in the fabric store. And since I like pretty much all the lines Momo does for moda, I bought it. It had been sitting on my kitchen counter (yes, that is were I keep some of my sewing stuff), calling out to me to use it. Yesterday evening I felt the strong urge to get out the sewing machine (all the sewing I've been doing lately has been the hexagons by hand). And somehow, I thought it was a good idea to use the jelly roll. Not that I really had a plan what to do with it.  I looked through my stash for something to match it with and found two yards of Kona cotton in turquoise. And in the dim light in front of the closet it seemed like a good match. So I happily sewed away and came up with this...


Yesterday evening, I really liked it. But what can I say, when I looked at it again this morning in the bright morning sun, I did not like it so much any more. The turquoise is way too bright for the rest of the colors. It bothers me so much, I'm sure I'll regret it if I go on. So I guess I have a date with the seam ripper now...

No comments:

Post a Comment