Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Busy like a bee

A lot of sewing has been happening here lately, but I did not finish anything, so this post will be about work in progress. I don't know what it is with me and quilts, I can't seem to start one and concentrate on one until it is finished. I always have at least two or three projects going on at the same time. Am I the only one who's doing it that way or are there others out there like me? Please share, I'd like to know...
But funny enough, I am the complete opposite with clothes. Once started, I can't be done fast enough to wear it/see it on my kids/give it away as gifts...

But let's get back to my UFOs. This one is coming along faster than I thought.
I definitely decided now that the hexagons will turn into a pillowcase. And this pillow will accompany a quilt.

When I started quilting a few years ago, I would have probably cut tiny squares and sewn them together one by one, but I have learned a thing or two by now. This postage stamps quilt comes together rather fast. I am using the strip piecing method (there are plenty tutorials on that online, I just googled 'postage stamps quilt tutorial'). The quilt and the pillow will be a gift for my husband's grandmother.

This quilt top has been an UFO for a while now, but now I have to finish it quickly. It's for a sweet little girl who just moved from a crib into her first 'big girl bed'. And what better way to make it comfy than with a quilt?
Ever since I saw this great tutorial by Ashley of Film in the Fridge, I had wanted to make a string quilt. I started last summer, and it's going to be my all-in-one quilt, since I'm using all the fabric scraps of every quilt I ever made.

And since my husband has started to complain that I give most of the quilts away (I believe his exact words were: "There must be at least a hundred babies out there, rolling around on one of your quilts, and where is mine?"), I started piecing those block together:
So the question is: which one to finish first?

No comments:

Post a Comment