Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I heart purple!

I don't know what it is about purple, but lately I can't seem to get enough of that color. And when Anna Maria Horner's Innocent Crush line came out in velveteen, I just had to have some. It was a little Christmas present from me to myself. And now I finally made something with it!

A new jacket for myself. I have to say I'm quite pleased with how it turned out, given that this is the most complicated pattern I've ever used so far. It's this pattern from the October 2010 issue of the German Burda Style magazine. Whenever someone comes to visit from Germany, they have to bring me the current issue. I haven't really found anything comparable to it here in the US. But maybe that's also just because I'm used to it since my childhood, my mother used to sew stuff from the magazine back then (and she still has all her old copies!). But this is not a post about sewing magazines, I'm getting a bit sidetracked here...

I used my typical approach to a sewing pattern - I follow the directions as much as possible, and make up the parts that I don't understand. This jacket is supposed to have pockets, but they were a bit too complicated for my taste and so I just left them out. The velveteen was an absolute dream to sew with.

 The lining fabric is also from Anna Maria Horner (can you tell that I have a thing for her fabric and patterns?), but it's from the Little Folks line. The colors are somewhat similar, I think they both go very well together.
I've only worn it once so far, because I think it's a little bit too fancy for going to the playground with my boys. But maybe I just need to change my attitude about that...

1 comment:

  1. Its gorgeous!! And I could eat up your young son in those pants :)

    ReplyDelete